Fly-in Safari | 5 nights / 6 days |
Day 1: Flight to Damaraland and Damaraland Camp
This safari has daily departures based on a minimum of 1 guests travelling. After a short safety briefing your flight will take you to the Damaraland Camp, which is situated in the Huab Valley. Upon arrival at the camp you will have some time to relax, before taking part on an afternoon activity. The rest of the day can be spent at leisure. Overnight: Damaraland Camp including all meals, local drinks and activities
Days 2 & 3: Damaraland
These days are open to explore the area, relax at the camp or to take part in one or more of the activities offered by the camp. Some of this activities include, guided nature drives, walks and mountain biking. You can also take part in morning and afternoon drives, in search for desert-adapted elephant. Gemsbok, greater kudu, springbok, and occasionally lions, cheetah as well as the black rhino can be spotted during these drives. Overnight: Damaraland Camp including all meals, local drinks and activities
Day 4: Flight to Desert Rhino Camp
Flight to the Desert Rhino Camp in the Damaraland area. Set in the 400 000-hectare (1 million-acre) private Palmwag Concession in the heart of Damaraland, Desert Rhino Camp offers an original and exclusive wilderness experience, a good dose of tranquillity and the largest free-ranging population of black rhino in Africa. Short transfer to the Lodge and the rest if the day can be spend at your own leisure. Overnight: Desert Rhino Camp including all meals, local drinks and activities
Day 5: Desert Rhino Camp
Today you have the opportunity to take part on guided walking safari to search for the famous rhino in the area. (Please note: Due to safety precautions, children under the age of 12 years old are not allowed to take part on the rhino trekking walks). In the afternoon you have the opportunity to take part on a nature drive, where you have the possibility to see desert elephant, lion and hyena. Overnight: Desert Rhino Camp including all meals, local drinks and activities
Day 6: Flight to Windhoek
Today you will fly back to Windhoek, where you will land on the Hosea Kutako International Airport. Check in for the onward or homeward flight.
- Damaraland & Huab Valley
- Palmwag Concession
Low season (07.01 – 14.06.2015):Price on request!
High Season (15.06 – 31.10.2015):Price on request!
- Flight prices are based on seat rates. It is not a private charter and there may be other guests on these flights.
- Luggage should not exceed 20kg (incl. Hand luggage) per person and should be in soft bags (dimensions 25cm x 30cm x 60cm).
- All passengers must supply us with their actual body weight due to strict security regulations concerning the total weight of the plane! Should the body weight exceed 100kg, passengers might be asked to book an extra seat, depending on the weight of the other passengers. It may also happen that the allowed maximum weight of luggage could be reduced.
Prices are nett and include VAT.
- 05 x accommodation including all meals, local drinks and activities
- All necessary travelling documents and information
Entrance fees included: N/A
- Airport transfers
- Activities, drinks, entrance fees and meals not mentioned above
- Personal expenses (Telephone call, souvenirs etc)
- International flights
- Travel insurance