Fly-in Safari | 2 nights/ 3 days |
Day 1: Flight to Okonjima Reserve
This safari has daily departures based on a minimum of 2 guests travelling. Depart from Eros Airport (in Windhoek) or Hosea Kutako International Airport (just outside Windhoek) with a Cessna 210 to the Okonjima Reserve. Check in at the luxurious Bush Camp or at the Main Camp. You will have some time to settle in, before lunch is served.
After lunch you will take part in a game drive. A radio tracking device is used to locate the leopards, which move freely on the 4 500 ha Game Reserve. You will return to the camp in time for dinner.
Thereafter you will have the opportunity to join the nocturnal hide. Here you will be able to see the animals, which are active during the night, such as honey-badgers and caracals.
Overnight: Okonjima Bush Camp or Main Camp including lunch, dinner, breakfast and activities (Flying time = +-55 minutes)
Day 2: Onkonjima Reserve
After breakfast you can take part in the bushman trail, where you will learn more about the tradition of the San, their arts and how they have adapted to the harsh weather conditions. Alternatively, you can take part in the radio-tracking of the rehabilitated Spotted Hyenas.
You will return to the camp for a light lunch, before joining the next walking trail. On this trail you will be able to see some of the 250 species of birds, which live in this area. Some of the birds that can be spotted with a bit of luck are the Carp’s Black Tit, Hartlaub’s Francolin and the Damara Rock Runner.
After a coffee/tee break at the camp you will visit the AfriCat Foundation, where you will learn more about the programme to protect endangered species, like cheetahs and leopards. You will also learn more about the ways and lives of these amazing and beautiful animals.
Overnight: Okonjima Bush Camp or Main Camp including lunch, dinner, breakfast and activities
Day 3: Flight back to Windhoek
After breakfast, you will have the opportunity to take part on the Cheetah Tracking Trail (on foot), where a radio tracking device is used to locate the whereabouts of the rehabilitated cheetahs.
Transfer back to the landing strip for your flight back to Windhoek.
(Flying time = +-55 minutes)
- Okonjima Reserve
- AfriCat Foundation
Nett Prices (01.11.2020 – 31.10.2021):
- 2 persons:
- N$ 34,746.00 per person sharing a double room
- N$ 20,002.00 Single Room Supplement
- Flight prices are based on seat rates. It is not a private charter and there may be other guests on these flights.
- Luggage should not exceed 20kg (incl. Hand luggage) per person and should be in soft bags (dimensions 25cm x 30cm x 60cm) SOFT BAGS – NO FRAME
- All passengers must supply us with their actual body weight due to strict security regulations concerning the total weight of the plane! Should the body weight exceed 100kg, passengers might be asked to book an extra seat, depending on the weight of the other passengers. It may also happen that the allowed maximum weight of luggage could be reduced.
Prices are nett and include VAT.
- 02 x overnight on a Lunch, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis (including activities)
- Coffee, tea and fruits throughout the day
- Complete travelling package including information, maps, route description and vouchers
Entrance fees included:
- Airport transfers
- Activities, drinks, entrance fees and meals not mentioned above
- Personal expenses (Telephone call, souvenirs etc.)
- Car Rental
- International flights
- Travel insurance